19 June 2007

Subdeaconing

Here I am subdeaconing for the first time yesterday...Chanting the epistle; holding the Gospel book for the deacon; here's our sanctuary; here's my favorite station of the Cross (the whole set will be refurbished by next Ash Wednesday thanks to a generous donor); here's a Baptism rite in progress (font is behind the celebrant; itscarved gothic cover has retracted into the ceiling); the Scotts and friends; wish I had a jacket with me, but I needed to cool down. Photos by David M. Smith, Loves Park, Illinois.

6 comments:

texanglican said...

Congratulations, Subdeacon Scott.

May God bless you in your new worship ministry.

Scott said...

Thank you kindly, Texanglican! Much appreciated.

Derek the Ænglican said...

Great pictures! It warms the heart to see a tunicle properly utilized (and not just mistaken for a dalmatic...)

Julian said...

Hey, wish I were there! (Had to visit a friend's church). When's your next appearance?

Anonymous said...

I read this blog and went to visit today. I enjoyed the service. Great singing in this church.

Scott said...

Anonymous, I'm glad you joined us in worship yesterday! And I agree about the singing. We love to do it and are very well supported in doing so by our marvelous organist and choir. I'm grateful to be part of this parish. Hope you can be with us again soon!