13 June 2009

Daily Office for Corpus Christi

For those praying the Daily Office of the 1979 Book of Common Prayer in places where they celebrate Corpus Christi (the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ), there's a bit of a gap, as our prayer book provides propers for Mass (Various Occasions 5) but not for the Office. The parish of St. Mary the Virgin, New York City, comes to our aid with its excellent online documents giving the lessons for each day, and, in the footer, the psalms. As our parish celebrates Corpus Christi tomorrow (Sunday), I'm using these for this evening, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow evening.

YEAR 1 & 2, EVE OF CORPUS CHRISTI, EVENING PRAYER: PSALMS 111, 116; EXODUS 16:2-4, 9-15; JOHN 6:27-35

YEAR 1 & 2, CORPUS CHRISTI, MORNING PRAYER: PSALMS 63:1-8, 96; EXODUS 12:21-27; LUKE 22:7-20

YEAR 1 & 2, CORPUS CHRISTI, EVENING PRAYER: PSALMS 110, 147; PROVERBS 9:1-6; JOHN 15:4-17

Photo: Scott Smith

4 comments:

Derek the Ænglican said...

Yes, I was wondering what to do about that too...

The English Office has
I V: Exod 16:2-15; John 6:22-40
L: Exod 24:1-11; John 6:47-69
II V: Joel 2:21-7; Heb 4:15-5:10

Because I'm trying to be good and follow the BCP (and because nowhere around here was offering a mass I knew of) I used the Mass readings from Michno
Deut 8:2-3; 1 Cor 11:23-29; John 6:47-58

lukacs said...

I am glad to see someone taking advantage of the SMV lectionary resources. I recommend them far and wide!

Sr. Hildegard said...

Thank you so much for the link to "Contemplative Horizons" on your blog. Found you while checking my Blog Patrol stats. Am well acquainted with Holy Cross which is five minutes from our monastery. Should you have any suggestions for my blog, I love to hear about them. BTW our website is RedemptoristineNunsofNewYork.org Sr. Hildegard

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.